Go Back   MB1 - Mercedes-Benz bendraminčiams » Diskusijos Apie Mercedes-Benz » Mūsų Mercedes-Benz

Naujas pranešimas
Old 2021-03-15, 16:33   #191
StillVirgin

Statusas: Ištikimas MB1 Narys

StillVirgin is on a distinguished road

Standartinis

Citata:
Pradžioje rašė GG. View Post
Thanks mate! Your c126 looks perfect What color is that?
The very basic Black 040

StillVirgin neprisijungęs   Cituoti
Old 2021-05-25, 22:40   #192
GG.

Statusas: Naujasis MB1 Narys
Gyvenamoji Vieta: Riga

GG. is on a distinguished road

Standartinis

Hello there bralyukas,

Since the last update the rear fenders have been welded in and all seams were lead soldered for best protection and minimum bodyfiller.

One day a poor unsuspecting w126 sedan lost its asilas

It was the perfect donor for rear trunk pockets and upper corners.

The welding on the underbody is finished, everything was sandblasted, sanded down and primered.

All panel seams were thoroughly sealed with Teroson 9320 SF and then the entire underbody was sealed with the same product.

New OE plugs and jacking points

The plan was to finish the underbody and get the car on the lift for suspension assembly and welding of the rear upper corners and rear window frame.

The suspension was powder coated, bolts and fittings were zinc plated. All new bushings etc.

New OE bearings and seals for the diff

The asilas was pretty beat up. The right side around the taillight was pushed in about 1cm from a previous accident and body filler reached 1cm in thickness in some places. The taillights were held in mostly by silicone and were leaking water in the boot badly. The mounting points for the taillights were restored and upper corners replaced. They were all chewed up and repaired poorly previously.

Right side corner in progress. Everything is measured and test fitted to make sure everything sits flush and panel gaps are nice and eaven.

Since the SEC has a very narrow angle of the rear window, water always sits on top of the rubber seal/window. Eventually, it leaks past the rubber seal and into the cavity. This condition is considered to be very good for a SEC.

Welding is done, now assembly of the suspension, brake lines, and then paint.

While the SEC is being painted, we will work on the engine and gearbox.

Thank you for your attention Gentleman

GG. neprisijungęs   Cituoti
Old 2021-05-26, 00:05   #193
aleximo

Gyvenamoji Vieta: Vilnius

aleximo is on a distinguished road

Standartinis

aleximo neprisijungęs   Cituoti
Old 2021-05-27, 18:48   #194
GG.

Standartinis

Thank you

Mini update: the suspension is being assembled today.

Rear axle with antisquat

Old 2021-11-10, 18:57   #195
GG.

Standartinis

: wave: A small update on the fate of the car:

Fully rebuilt transmission, new OE vacuum regulator and OE kickdown cable. The reverse and 2nd gears were very worn.

The engine was stripped down. I decided not to open up the engine, as the compression was perfect, no oil consumption and I cracked open some of the bottom end bearings and they looked brand new. Everything is cleaned up, all new gaskets, rebuild of the alternator, starter etc.

I had to wait in line while the paint shop finished up on the last project they were working on. The car is being stripped down to bare metal, to straighten out the body panels, to avoid using lots of filler. There were 3 full layers of paint on the body:

Original blauschwartz 199
Primer, filler, blauschwartz 199
Primer, filler, the custom black paint that it was painted in 2011

In the process of stripping:

: brand:: wave:

Old 2021-11-10, 19:19   #196
Apple

Statusas: Administratorius
Gyvenamoji Vieta: Vilnius

Apple will become famous soon enough

Standartinis

What about CL w215?

A208 CLK430 AMG
W211 E320 CDI
W203 C270 CDI
Apple neprisijungęs   Cituoti
Old 2021-11-10, 19:21   #197
Artunas

Statusas: Administratorius
Gyvenamoji Vieta: Kaunas

Artunas is on a distinguished road

Standartinis

Artunas neprisijungęs   Cituoti
Old 2021-11-10, 19:36   #198
GG.

Standartinis

Citata:
Pradžioje rašė Apple View Post
What about CL w215?
Turite labai dėmesingą akį. Sorry for the google translate

I recently picked it up as a daily. It is a 2004 CL55 AMG. The front was slightly damaged, just left it today at a bodyshop to get it fixed. Won't take long. As a matter of fact, I ordered all the parts at RRR.lt. Lithuania rocks

I love it, such a wonderful car. Will keep it as a daily for the summer and the c126 for weekends

Citata:
Pradžioje rašė Artunas View Post
Thank you

Old 2021-11-10, 19:54   #199
masterkame

Gyvenamoji Vieta: Skien Norway

masterkame is on a distinguished road

Standartinis

Citata:
Pradžioje rašė GG. View Post
Turite labai dėmesingą akį. Sorry for the google translate

I recently picked it up as a daily. It is a 2004 CL55 AMG. The front was slightly damaged, just left it today at a bodyshop to get it fixed. Won't take long. As a matter of fact, I ordered all the parts at RRR.lt. Lithuania rocks

I love it, such a wonderful car. Will keep it as a daily for the summer and the c126 for weekends

Thank you
got one like this my self ? what the milage ? how do you like it ? also fighting a heatsoak after 2-3 pulls? next upgrade for me gonna be 4x powerful cooling pump and separate cooling ring for compressor/intercooler.

masterkame neprisijungęs   Cituoti
Old 2021-11-10, 20:11   #200
GG.

Standartinis

Citata:
Pradžioje rašė masterkame View Post
got one like this my self ? what the milage ? how do you like it ? also fighting a heatsoak after 2-3 pulls? next upgrade for me gonna be 4x powerful cooling pump and separate cooling ring for compressor/intercooler.
Congratulations! It is currently at 245'000km. I LOVE it, It is so quiet and smooth. And the acceleration is brutal. I have not noticed a heat soak, to be honest. The temperature stays steady at 80 degrees on the dashboard. But I just recently bought it and it has been cold outside. Don't know if it will be different in the summer heat.

A few of the things I have fixed so far:

[*]the heater would blow only super-hot air, even if set to 12 degrees. Resoldered the temp sensor in the roof panel - 0Eur fix
[*]the start/stop button on the gear lever did not work. Turned out somebody had tried to remove the handle by twisting it, and the pins for the button were bent. 0Eur fix
[*]replaced the washer pump, as it was dead. Very weak stream with the new pump, probably have to clean the lines and nozzles.
[*]replaced valve cover gaskets. Have to replace oil filter housing gasket.
[*]replaced both ABC pressure accumulators, I was getting a low-pressure warning on big bumps.

After replacing the ABC accumulators, I have a problem with the calibration. Tried both Launch and the original MB diagnostic tool.

First I calibrated the plunger travel - successful

Next, I tried to calibrate the level/angle. I used the up/down function on each wheel to get it to proper (eyeballing) ride height and made sure the voltage on each sensor is between 2-3V (they are around 2.3 to 2.5, they are not close to min/max), then I enter the default angle (the values that the diagnostic tool advises) for each wheel, I get to the next screen and it asks me if I want to calibrate with the entered values. And at this moment the right front inclination angle is shown to be 2,6deg, while the rest are LF -15,2 , LR16,2 , RR-13,2.

If i click OK, it sets an error code that the calibration has not been performed properly and the error can only be removed with the original MB diagnostic tool. Have you had any experience with ABC? Any ideas?

Naujas pranešimas