Go Back   MB1 - Mercedes-Benz bendraminčiams » Diskusijos Apie Mercedes-Benz » Mūsų Mercedes-Benz

Naujas pranešimas
Rodymo būdai
Temos įrankiai
Old 2021-11-10, 18:36   #1
GG.

Statusas: Naujasis MB1 Narys
Gyvenamoji Vieta: Riga

GG. is on a distinguished road

Standartinis

Citata:
Pradžioje rašė Apple View Post
What about CL w215?
Turite labai dėmesingą akį. Sorry for the google translate

I recently picked it up as a daily. It is a 2004 CL55 AMG. The front was slightly damaged, just left it today at a bodyshop to get it fixed. Won't take long. As a matter of fact, I ordered all the parts at RRR.lt. Lithuania rocks

I love it, such a wonderful car. Will keep it as a daily for the summer and the c126 for weekends

Citata:
Pradžioje rašė Artunas View Post
Thank you

GG. neprisijungęs   Cituoti
Old 2021-11-10, 18:54   #2
masterkame

Statusas: Ištikimas MB1 Narys
Gyvenamoji Vieta: Skien Norway

masterkame is on a distinguished road

Standartinis

Citata:
Pradžioje rašė GG. View Post

I recently picked it up as a daily. It is a 2004 CL55 AMG. The front was slightly damaged, just left it today at a bodyshop to get it fixed. Won't take long. As a matter of fact, I ordered all the parts at RRR.lt. Lithuania rocks

I love it, such a wonderful car. Will keep it as a daily for the summer and the c126 for weekends

Thank you
got one like this my self ? what the milage ? how do you like it ? also fighting a heatsoak after 2-3 pulls? next upgrade for me gonna be 4x powerful cooling pump and separate cooling ring for compressor/intercooler.

masterkame neprisijungęs   Cituoti
Old 2021-11-10, 19:11   #3
GG.

Standartinis

Citata:
Pradžioje rašė masterkame View Post
got one like this my self ? what the milage ? how do you like it ? also fighting a heatsoak after 2-3 pulls? next upgrade for me gonna be 4x powerful cooling pump and separate cooling ring for compressor/intercooler.
Congratulations! It is currently at 245'000km. I LOVE it, It is so quiet and smooth. And the acceleration is brutal. I have not noticed a heat soak, to be honest. The temperature stays steady at 80 degrees on the dashboard. But I just recently bought it and it has been cold outside. Don't know if it will be different in the summer heat.

A few of the things I have fixed so far:

[*]the heater would blow only super-hot air, even if set to 12 degrees. Resoldered the temp sensor in the roof panel - 0Eur fix
[*]the start/stop button on the gear lever did not work. Turned out somebody had tried to remove the handle by twisting it, and the pins for the button were bent. 0Eur fix
[*]replaced the washer pump, as it was dead. Very weak stream with the new pump, probably have to clean the lines and nozzles.
[*]replaced valve cover gaskets. Have to replace oil filter housing gasket.
[*]replaced both ABC pressure accumulators, I was getting a low-pressure warning on big bumps.

After replacing the ABC accumulators, I have a problem with the calibration. Tried both Launch and the original MB diagnostic tool.

First I calibrated the plunger travel - successful

Next, I tried to calibrate the level/angle. I used the up/down function on each wheel to get it to proper (eyeballing) ride height and made sure the voltage on each sensor is between 2-3V (they are around 2.3 to 2.5, they are not close to min/max), then I enter the default angle (the values that the diagnostic tool advises) for each wheel, I get to the next screen and it asks me if I want to calibrate with the entered values. And at this moment the right front inclination angle is shown to be 2,6deg, while the rest are LF -15,2 , LR16,2 , RR-13,2.

If i click OK, it sets an error code that the calibration has not been performed properly and the error can only be removed with the original MB diagnostic tool. Have you had any experience with ABC? Any ideas?

Old 2021-11-10, 19:14   #4
Apple

Statusas: Administratorius
Gyvenamoji Vieta: Vilnius

Apple will become famous soon enough

Standartinis

Citata:

Thank you
Wonderful choice for daily car!!! Congrats! :lithuania
PS google translate works perfect

A208 CLK430 AMG
Tesla M3
Octavia RS

W211 E320 CDI
W203 C270 CDI
Apple neprisijungęs   Cituoti
Old 2021-11-10, 19:16   #5
GG.

Standartinis

Citata:
Pradžioje rašė Apple View Post
Wonderful choice for daily car!!! Congrats! :lithuania
PS google translate works perfect
Hah, very good! Thanks mate! I was in Vilnius last Sunday to see a concert and I loved Vilnius. Had not visited in a long while. A very pretty and lively town. Can't say that about Riga tho

Old 2021-11-10, 19:22   #6
Apple

Statusas: Administratorius
Gyvenamoji Vieta: Vilnius

Apple will become famous soon enough

Standartinis

Citata:
Hah, very good! Thanks mate! I was in Vilnius last Sunday to see a concert and I loved Vilnius. Had not visited in a long while. A very pretty and lively town. Can't say that about Riga tho
Because you are used to Riga. Yes, Vilnius is a wonderful city, but Riga is also great. Ofcourse I was there ~ 8 years ago but memories are the best!

A208 CLK430 AMG
Tesla M3
Octavia RS

W211 E320 CDI
W203 C270 CDI
Apple neprisijungęs   Cituoti
Old 2022-04-01, 18:25   #7
GG.

Standartinis Update

Hi there folks,

The project hit the 1 year and 6 months mark already.

Lots of small things have been done, while I am waiting for the body to be finally painted. I am starting to doubt if it will be on the road this summer.

I cleaned and regreased the window wiper mechanism. Then moved on to cleaning the windshield washer tank. I replaced all rubbers and it turns out the windshield washer heating system was adding fluid to the tank

Got a replacement heater coil from a donor, much better condition. While browsing the catalogs, I noticed that the same washer thermostat is being used up to w222

I bought a stock steering wheel with an airbag. Before the car had a wooden steering wheel which I didn't like, plus the RS light was on, as the airbag was not connected. If anybody wants it, let me know. It is a Nardi Gara 4 in good condition. PM for photos.

I started preparing various parts of the interior for the reassembly. Turns out there were many coffee spills on the seats and carpets

I had not noticed how terribly dirty was the interior. Especially the headliner.

The back part of the headliner and the sunroof panel were the worst. Since this car did not have AC, I imagine the sunroof was always open.

The trunk seal and taillight seals were leaking and the boot liner was covered in mold. I cleaned it multiple times with vinegar and an extractor and it does not smell now.

The front seats were the dirtiest part, but they cleaned up nice. The fabric is a little worn in some spots, but it is practically impossible to buy the dattel velour fabric.

The rear seats are almost perfect. Before/after. The color became much more vibrant.

Some buttons on the Reiserechner control panel were badly worn. I assembled one good panel using a donor.

Talking about the Reiserechner. I had noticed that when the car was cold the display would work fine, but as soon as the interior warmed up the display became very dim. I suspected bad solder joints, and I found them. If you look closely, you will notice cracks in the solder. Also, both lenses were cracked. The bottom lens can be replaced, but the upper lens can not be removed without destroying it. I used a replacement cluster, which was polished.

Old 2022-04-01, 18:26   #8
GG.

Standartinis

Look close and you will see cracked solder joints.

Aliexpress FTW

Assembly. The dials are very delicate due to age.

Psst psst plastidip

Voila

The rear shelf was sooooo dusty that I was sneezing the entire evening.

Rear compartment lids before/after

Clean parts piling up. Everything is ready for assembly.

I lightly polished the exterior chrome trim. You can't be too agressive as it is aluminum with a very thin coating of chrome or nickel.

One of the headlight lenses was a little cracked. I sourced a good used lens.

The reflectors were just dirty, no problems there. Wiped them clean with a microfiber.

Need to wrap the lenses in PPF

As for the dessert: the engine is pretty much done.

Ceramic coated headers, just for looks.

This is the paint shop progress, dated last Thursday. It was primered one last time and should be painted by now.

Thank you for your attention!

Old 2022-04-01, 21:37   #9
FUN500

Statusas: MB1 Forumo Rėmėjas
Gyvenamoji Vieta: Klaipeda

FUN500 is on a distinguished road

Wink

I am really impressed your passion level. As well as much as can see it is going right way. When you expect to finish the process and start to get satisfaction? For enthusiastic people process giving an emotional as well, but if this is not a commercial project, on my opinion you can not get full relax, until you become a one part with the car. I mean when you not just a regular driver on a regular car, but you know exactly what you expect to get, you predict car reaction and it response to you.

FUN500 neprisijungęs   Cituoti

Naujas pranešimas