View Single Post
Old 2023-04-01, 17:15   #213
GG.

Statusas: Naujasis MB1 Narys
Gyvenamoji Vieta: Riga

GG. is on a distinguished road

Standartinis

Hello,

This project is in it's final stretch. A lot of work has been done.

The trunk is fully assembled. Electric antenna rebuilt. The trunk seals used to leak and the trunk was all moldy. Smells fresh now :drool:

I salvaged the front grille. I did some repairs, now it is at least not falling apart. Every other used grille I have seen is worse than mine. As this can be swapped out easily, I will leave it be for now, and buy a brand new one later.

Found a pair of amber Bosch turn signals (this car used to have while DEPO turn signals)

One headlight polished and cleaned inside out vs how it was

Most likely during the last respray somebody had put in the wrong screws in the rear corner moldings. And they poked through the other side. Maybe they used longer screws, because there was a lot of filler, and the originals were too short. Who knows. New pair of moldings.

I had ordered a brand new trunk handle/chrome molding, but I got a declination. Had to find a better used one. I found one that was much less scratched than mine.

As with every other interior part in Palomino / Dattel color, they are impossible to find. I had to get creative. The footrest was completely destroyed. So I bought a footrest of a suitable color and repainted it / transferred the carpet material.

The same story with the speaker covers, impossible to find in the right color.

One of the previous owners had cut a hole in these middle console/tunnel covers for speakers. I bought spare ones and ordered a matching carpet material to retrim them.

Life hack for gluing weird shapes:

GG. neprisijungęs   Cituoti