View Single Post
Old 2022-04-01, 18:25   #204
GG.

Statusas: Naujasis MB1 Narys
Gyvenamoji Vieta: Riga

GG. is on a distinguished road

Standartinis Update

Hi there folks,

The project hit the 1 year and 6 months mark already.

Lots of small things have been done, while I am waiting for the body to be finally painted. I am starting to doubt if it will be on the road this summer.

I cleaned and regreased the window wiper mechanism. Then moved on to cleaning the windshield washer tank. I replaced all rubbers and it turns out the windshield washer heating system was adding fluid to the tank

Got a replacement heater coil from a donor, much better condition. While browsing the catalogs, I noticed that the same washer thermostat is being used up to w222

I bought a stock steering wheel with an airbag. Before the car had a wooden steering wheel which I didn't like, plus the RS light was on, as the airbag was not connected. If anybody wants it, let me know. It is a Nardi Gara 4 in good condition. PM for photos.

I started preparing various parts of the interior for the reassembly. Turns out there were many coffee spills on the seats and carpets

I had not noticed how terribly dirty was the interior. Especially the headliner.

The back part of the headliner and the sunroof panel were the worst. Since this car did not have AC, I imagine the sunroof was always open.

The trunk seal and taillight seals were leaking and the boot liner was covered in mold. I cleaned it multiple times with vinegar and an extractor and it does not smell now.

The front seats were the dirtiest part, but they cleaned up nice. The fabric is a little worn in some spots, but it is practically impossible to buy the dattel velour fabric.

The rear seats are almost perfect. Before/after. The color became much more vibrant.

Some buttons on the Reiserechner control panel were badly worn. I assembled one good panel using a donor.

Talking about the Reiserechner. I had noticed that when the car was cold the display would work fine, but as soon as the interior warmed up the display became very dim. I suspected bad solder joints, and I found them. If you look closely, you will notice cracks in the solder. Also, both lenses were cracked. The bottom lens can be replaced, but the upper lens can not be removed without destroying it. I used a replacement cluster, which was polished.

GG. neprisijungęs   Cituoti